The CNI 508N2 from AMETEK CTS is the first coupling/decoupling network available on the market to couple Surge onto shielded and unshielded high-speed communication lines with data rates up to 1,000MBit/s.
Additionally, the CNI 508N2 can be used as a coupling/decoupling network to apply Burst- as well as Surge pulses to unshielded symmetrical interconnection lines. The CNI 508 N2 meets the requirements according Figure 11 and Figure 12 to the standards IEC 61000-4-5 (Ed. 3.0 :2014).
- Coupling to unshielded and shielded lines with up to 4 pairs
- Data transfer up to 1,000MBit/s
- Surge test voltage up to 3kV (1.2/50us)
- Burst test voltage up to 4kV (5/50ns)
- Residual voltage max. 50V at 3kV Surge
- Compatible to PoE and PoE+ requirements
- DUT/AE connection via RJ45 connectors
Coupling to the screened lines
Test of shielded lines
Up today, the surge test on shielded data cable had a complicated and hazardous test setup with long cables and additional galvanically isolated power supplies.
With the innovative CNI 508N2 this test / test setup get much easier. The accessory is correct decoupled and the surge pulse is coupled directly to the shield of the tested cable and not applied to the conductive housing.